Labels

Friday, March 9, 2012

My debut!

Here it is.  My brand new blog about all things crafty- a place where I can show off all my little projects.  And of course, some other things will be thrown in along the way.  I hope you like it!

I just want to start things off by telling you about myself!  I am 30 years young, have a daughter, C, who is 3, and a son, B, who is 5 months.  My hubby and I will soon celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary!  My how time flies!  I have my own business, Holly Designs, which is an online boutique of homemade appliques and gifts for the little ones in your life.

So enough about me!  Let's jump right in with my first crafty craft!  :)  I made this super easy necklace a few weeks ago and have already gotten a lot of comments on it!  I love it because it shows off my adorable kiddos!


All you need are a few supplies:
-a small 1 inch glass tile
-small photo printed on white card stock (I cropped a square photo sized .8 x .8 inches)
-a bail, which is the fancy term for the thingy that holds the necklace chain
-necklace chain
-diamond glaze (I just discovered this neat stuff!  It's a type of glue that makes a nice shiny glaze when dry)
-super glue

And here's how I did it:
Cut out your small photo.  Spread a small dab of diamond glaze over the back of the glass tile.  Place your photo face down onto the back of the tile, and press firmly over the back to get a good seal without any air bubbles.  Let dry for a few minutes.  Spread another light layer of diamond glaze over the back of the photo.  Allow to dry completely.  Attach the bail with superglue, and add your chain.



Easy Peasy!  I see myself making a bunch of these in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment