Labels

Monday, March 12, 2012

Calling All Nursing Mama's!

Can you guess what these are?



Nope, they aren't fancy coasters.  


They're homemade, reusable breast pads.  Yup, I've been nursing my son for over 5 months now, and just realized that I could make my own, and I can stop spending money on those disposable ones!  I know, I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, either!


Each pad is made from 3 layers... the back side is PUL, otherwise known as polyurethane laminated fabric, which is waterproof.  The middle layer is absorbent terry cloth, and the other side is 100% cotton.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how pretty these turned out, when in reality, who is going to see these besides me anyway?!



And what's even better, I whipped these bad boys up in about 15 minutes!  So now instead of dropping them in the trash, I drop them in the laundry basket.  What can I say, I'm becoming crunchier by the day!  

1 comment:

  1. Cross over to the other side- us crunchy granola's will accept you with open arms!!

    ReplyDelete