Labels

Friday, May 25, 2012

Decorative Door Hanging

It's almost June.  And I still had this on the front door.  Embarrassing, I know.


But not anymore!

Check out this personalized door hanging I painted!


Want to make one for yourself?  Here's how!

Materials:
Wood Plaque(s) - I used two.
Paint and Paintbrush - I needed 2 different sizes
Wood Glue
Ribbon

Paint the plaques in your desired shade.  I got one of those paint sets that had coordinating colors.  Let dry.  I had to apply 2-3 coats in some areas.

Here you can see the different steps in order.











Apply a clear varnish.  Remember to go outside for proper ventilation!  Allow to dry completely.


Add a pretty bow, and a strap to hang it on.

Hang it on your door, and admire!  So pretty!  This would make a great gift, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment